The Dayton Historical Depot Society is always accepting gifts that will add depth and breadth to our collection. If donors wish to establish a value for tax or other purposes, they should consult an independent appraiser prior to contributing to the Historical Society. Please contact us if you have an item you would like to donate.
Historic Objects of particular interest include the following:
1. Photographs that document Columbia County history of its people and places.
2. Photographs that document Columbia County and Dayton yards, gardens, and homes and associated artifacts that we can store at the Depot.
3. Memorabilia that documents Columbia businesses, events, and people.
4. Furniture that is reasonably documented as Baileysburg, that was made and used in Columbia County, and can be displayed or stored at the Depot.
5. Objects that were made or used in Columbia County that can be displayed or stored at the Depot that directly relate to the mission of the Depot and are essential to telling the story of the Depot.
6. Books that contain Columbia County history or Northwest train history.
7. Train memorabilia or objects that can be stored at the Depot that are specific to the railroad history of the Columbia County railroad line.
8. clothing that was worn by a member of the Columbia County community which is documented by photograph and/or receipt and is iconic of a particular event or era of Columbia County history.